So it begins!

So I`ve contemplated for a looooong time whether or not I was going to completely put myself out here.

Do I want the entire blogosphere to have access to my weight…to my ‘before’ pictures…to my inner most thoughts and feelings? Umm HELLS NO. However, I’ve been fighting this battle for so long on my own. I think this platform is EXACTLY what I need for a push, for strength, and most importantly for accountability.

I’ve been reading weight loss blogs for SO long now, following so many amazing women (and even some men) dedicate their lives to weight loss and SUCCEED. I’d read these blogs (often times on my lunch break, all the while shovelling something dripping in grease down my throat) and I’d think ‘dude, I can TOTALLY do this’…and then I’d eat another Big Mac and all ambitions were lost.

Have you ever heard the saying “she carries her weight well?” well I’ve totally had myself convinced that I’ve being doing exactly this. Apparently I’ve been carrying around an extra 124 pounds in my ‘back pocket’. I believed that since I was still getting hit on at the bar, being complemented, never teased or mocked about my weight that maybe I was cheating the scale. Amazing right?

One thing I could never explain were the pictures that would constantly show up, (often times in the form of ‘tagged’ pics on facebook) and I’d think MY GOD who is that blimp? Maybe the camera really DOES add 10(0) lbs

I’m done lying, I’m done hiding, and I’m done not being the absolute BEST I can be.

BLBE2 – exciting stuff right? I watched first season go down and I was SO impressed with how much work was put into it. Angie deserves a friggin medal with all the time and encouragement she’s devoted to this contest. And Michelle (the blbe1 winner) for totally bustin’ her butt and losing 10% of her body weight in 15 weeks, amazing! The support, the camaraderie, the motivation, its palpable and I want in!

I have a lot of ideas to try and keep this blog interesting, transformation pictures, recipes, some video posts. I‘m excited to chronicle this journey, to get to know a lot of you better, and to lose this freekin weight already!

Its gonna be a fun ride

3 Response to So it begins!

January 8, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Hey, you have the same name (and the same spelling) as my darling red-headed daughter! Welcome aboard Team Angie!!

January 8, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Hello to my fellow team member!

January 8, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Just stopping by to say HI and GO TEAM ANGIE!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Bringing Skinny Back All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template