Long Overdue




In the past two weeks I have:

1. Been robbed at gun point @ work.

2. Reunited with an ex.

3. Started dating 'The Ex'.

4. 'The Ex' once again became 'The Ex(squared)'

5. Been involved in a minor car accident.

6. Went without heat for a week and a half while my furnace was replaced. In this weather:


7. Lost 8 lbs!

As easy as it could have been, I haven't lost focus. I think the 'near death experience' really opened my eyes, and helped me see that I haven't veeb living my life to the fullest.
I've let so many experiences and opportunites pass me by because of my weight, (but mainly my insecurities about my weight) that I really haven't been living at all.
Sure I go through the motions, but I'm not being truthful to myself. That's what I want to accomplish the most out off all this: I want to be my true self. I don't want anything to hold me back.
Its sort of how I've realized that losing weight isn't really the dreaded task I've been putting off for so long, rather, its so completely freeing. I can compare it to how amazing I feel after I gut through my house, getting rid of all the unwanted junk and garbage. And really, that's EXACTLY what I'm doing with my body.

I've been really lame at keeping this blog updated and encouraging my teammates, but I really have had a lot on my plate. Things seem to be settling down, at least the stress levels aren't so high, so I plan on devoting a lot more time updating. .
Altbough I haven't been posting, I've still been reading the blogroll and I'm amazed at how well some people are doing. I totally thought I had this contest in the bag!

Haha I'm definitely gonna have to kick it up a few knotches!








6 Response to Long Overdue

January 26, 2009 at 8:13 PM

WOW!!! That gives no one else a right to complain or make excuses hope the next few weeks are far better congrats on the weight loss

January 26, 2009 at 10:33 PM

Holy carp!!! If getting through all of that isn't proof of just how strong you are I don't know what is!

January 27, 2009 at 4:07 AM

Take pride in the fact that you're still here! So sorry to hear about all the trials and tribulations. How did I just label being robbed at gunpoint as a trial or tribulation?

Hopefully the troubling times are behind or less troublesome and you can get to kickin' it up a notch!

Huge congratulations on your weight loss!

January 27, 2009 at 4:16 AM

OMG! I am so sorry! That had to be so scary!

Good for you to be able to look at the positives and keeping the weight loss going. You are amazing!!

January 27, 2009 at 10:38 AM

EGAD, girl! Glad to see you're back, though!

Take care,
H =)

January 28, 2009 at 2:24 PM

That's a full week!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Bringing Skinny Back All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template