Do they make Diet Coke patches?





Based on yesterdays MASSIVE headache, and all the episodes of "Intervention" I've been watching lately, I've come to the conclusion that Diet Coke has been doing some crazy messed up things to my body.

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit but prior to this Sunday past I have been drinking about 5-6 cans of Diet Coke...daily. I don't know what it is about the dark, caffeine-y goodness of a cold glass of DC, but I absolutely love it. I'm not a huge coffee fan (unless there's liquor in it), and I'll drink tea on occasion to warm myself up, but DC was my daily caffeine burst. It was what I drank when I needed a little 'wake up'. I know that diet pop is a freebie on WW, but I've always known in the back of my head that it REALLY isn't good for me. Not to mention all the statistics and studies linking aspartame to cancer, and PREVENTING weight loss. So I quit it.

And then the lack of caffeine KICKED MY ASS. It kicked my ass SO hard I didn't even get out of bed yesterday. That's messed up, right?

I'm feeling a little better today, all though the headache still hangin out, and making itself at home. I'm filling up on H20 instead, drinking as much as I possibly can without having to attach a permanent catheter...cause OMG, PEE MUCH?

I'm sure my body's just in a mass state of hysteria wondering what the heck is going on, and why all of I sudden I'm actually treating it properly. I'm hoping it won't take much longer to adjust.

Today's Menu!

Breakfast: 1 Slice of Light Rye Bread - 1 whole egg + one white - 1 oz of cheddar - tsp of margarine.

Snack: 2 small clementines

Lunch: 2 Blue menu chicken strips mixed with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber, on 2 small whole wheat tortillas. Drizzle of Cal-wise Ranchers Choice on each. Side of Cucumber and salad dressing for dipping.

Snack: A big juicy plum

Dinner: Fresh Salmon fillet (baked on cedar plank w/Dijon mustard), side of chicken flavoured wild rice, and steamed broccoli

8 Response to Do they make Diet Coke patches?

January 14, 2009 at 12:12 PM

DAMN! That's rough!!! I used to be able to tolerate drinking diet coke or pepsi on a regular basis, but then I realized that I was getting headaches from it. I was soooo disappointed. I still have it now and then, but normally only at restaurants. I buy the splenda diet pops now for the "fizzy" fix :-)

January 14, 2009 at 5:53 PM

I just had this very conversation with a friend the other day minus the patch? That is classic!

She finds when she drinks water compared to her regular fix of diet coke, she pees way more which is great, but a pain. Up close and personal with public bathrooms much?

Good luck with the headaches.

January 15, 2009 at 1:24 AM

Coke zero is my downfall. I have a torrid love affair with the stuff. I dont think i could go cold terky like you, but im now having it as a treat, lie after i have drank 2 liters of water that day. hope the headaches go away soon!

January 15, 2009 at 9:26 PM

I went through the same thing a while back... I was HOOOOKKKEEED, every morning I NEEDED it. One day I just decided to stop, it took a few weeks to get over it... but it'll happen. Good Luck with it.

January 15, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I have to have my coffee in the morning. On weekdays, one cup is enough for me. But on the weekend, I'll drink several cups...I love the rush. yes, I'm probably addicted. I admire you for going cold turkey...I couldn't do it!

Keep it up...You're doing great!

January 16, 2009 at 12:40 PM

I know what you're going through I've pretty much weened myself off of soda, but for a while Coke Zero was my water God that stuff is good, but I havent had any in about two months

January 16, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Stopping by to fellow A Teamers to show support...I'm struggling right now but I'm hoping reading the A-Team blogs will help me out. Hope you're kicking a$$ and taking names!

"The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph!" By Marvin Phillips

January 18, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I can totally relate! LOVE the illustration :)

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Bringing Skinny Back All rights reserved.
Converted To Blogger Template